The library is a central part of academic and research activities of the Institute. Its mission is to provide collections and services that support the educational goals of the college.
The first library was established in 1951 and it is located in the main block of the college. The new library building foundation stone was blessed by Rev. Fr. Francis Guezou, SDB in 1991 as a memory of Fortieth year of our College. In December 17, 1993 the new library block was blessed by Rev. Fr. Camilllus Fernando SDB (Salesian Provincial) and inaugurated by Justice T. Somasundram (High Court of madras). The total plinth area of the library is 18,938 sq. ft.
The entry of the student is tracked through a Biometric System. The circulations of books are being facilitated through barcodes and Identity Cards. The library provides CD-ROMs for self-instruction and a virtual classroom to supplement classroom teaching/learning.
|Monday to Friday
||07.00 AM - 07.00 PM
||08.30 AM - 04.30 PM
||09.00 AM - 12.30 PM
||08.30 AM - 04.30 PM
|Mr. M. Selvam
||M.Sc.,M.L.I.S., M.Phil.,PGDLAN., SET
|Mr. S. Anandan
|Mrs. J.F. Arul Shanthi
|Mr. R. Baskar
|Mr. Maria Antony
|Mr. A. Francis Xavier
The Library has a collection of 84474 books related to all the subjects taught but also a rare collection
on Biography, Gandiana, Religion, General Knowledge, Civil Service Examinations, Competitive Examinations
like Banking, TNPSC, UPSC, UGC NET/SLET etc. It also subscribes 141 International, National Journals and Magazines every year.
A separate section for reference is organized and all the back volumes of the journals are bound and preserved for reference.
Every care has been taken to fetch all the latest books of different authors
on different subjects, encyclopedia, dictionaries, yearbooks, reports and proceedings.
A separate section called archives is meant for original, old and rare books.
||Journals (Back volumes)
||No. of Ph.D Dissertations
||Maps and Atlas
The Library is fully automated with Library Automation Software eBLIS (Electronic Bosco Library Information System). It is an innovation software system for library management which contains the components of Login Register, Admin, Librarian Desk, Document Catalogue, Barcode Circulation, OPAC, and Web modules for library maintenance. Each component assists in the concern operation of library management.
Cybrary (Digital Library) was established with 16 terminals. Research Scholars and the staff members are encouraged to pursue their research work and publish their findings. Scholars shall access all the open access resources from online databases including INFLIBNET, British Council Library and American Library who are providing free-access to a large number of on line journals and books.
- Inflibnet - NLIST
- British Council Library, Chennai
Program Organized / Conducted
- UGC Sponsored a Two Day National Level Conference on Open Access Resources for Academic Community during 21-22 September, 2017.
- One Day workshop on NPTEL E-Learning: A Joint Initiative of IITs and IISc on 9th January 2015.
- UGC Sponsored a Two Day National Level Conference on Emerging Technologies and Innovations in Disseminating Information Among Library Users in the College Libraries during 27-28 August 2014.
- The Library organizes Book Exhibition twice in a year .
- Circulation Services
- Clipping Services
- Bibliographic Compilation
- Information Display and Notification Services
- Reference Services
- Photocopy Services
- User Orientation/ Information Literacy
- Resource Sharing
- Virtual Classroom for online live courses
- eContent Delivery (On Demand)
- Digital Resources Access
Best Practices of the Library
- Earn while learn programme
- Library book exhibition
- User Education (Information literacy programme)
- Library best user award
- Non Book Resources dissemination facility